The Golden Child took over 6 months, to engineer, source and construct to get to where we are today. To date, we can officially say this is THE MOST difficult shoe we have ever constructed (and hopefully ever will).
Source: LASCO Golden Child
I remember when LASCO first dropped. I admired their Made in the US (Los Angeles) ethos and thought to myself, I’m shutting down ARCH and working for them! I didn’t shut down ARCH, but owner Greg Salas, is the kind of guy who works so damn hard at what he does, it’s infectious. The brand just pulled off one of the most amazing works of footwear art in history. They deconsctructed over 100 pairs of Agassi’s to pull the outsole off and then placed a ridiculous amount of hours into rebuilding the Yeezy 2 into this dope ass drop. I’m sure Nike has to be looking at this and thinking, “We need to hire these guys for our PRM/Pinnacle drops.” If Nike isn’t thinking about this, maybe they should. The remaining pairs of this Geiger collab are available right now. For my money if I had to choose between the Yeezy 750 and this version of the Yeezy 2, I’m dropping on handcrafted, American made dopeness. Nice work LASCO!
Details from the site:
The Golden Child took over 6 months, to engineer, source and construct to get to where we are today. To date, we can officially say this is THE MOST difficult shoe we have ever constructed (and hopefully ever will). Over 40 hours per pair!
By no means do we feel the Golden Child is superior to the VegOctober in terms of quality, it’s the steps taken on the Golden Child that has given everyone at the factory daily nightmares. So many pieces…so many steps to process each piece that makes up the Golden Child. One panel could be processed up to 7 to 10 times, not because we want to, because it’s the only way that works and yields the highest quality possible.
Boxes and boxes of prototyped uppers, 100+ pairs of spines and tons of soles completely ruined in our prototype testing. Our quest for perfection is real…and almost unrealistic, but we strive for perfection every day we walk into our factory.
- Some customers have requested No Leather Box, so we have made this an optional item. If you are interested in the Leather Box, please click on this link.
- Available October 15th
- Ships in 2-3 business days after we receive an order.
- No Returns or Exchanges
- 40+ Hours to handcraft each pair (yes, we are damn serious!)
- Special Italian Leather Foil Upper
- Genuine Italian Leather lining
- Hand molded and shaped 3D Spine (More Yeezy than Yeezy 2) and 3D Molded Foil leather Quarter Panels. Completely Leather from Toe to Heel
- Original Nike Air Tech Challenge II Sole & Insole (Carefully Deconstructed & Repainted). Comes with original orange Nike box tag
- Repainted midsole and custom mixed Gold – Angelus Paint
- Satin Bags (Lace Locks). Yes, we make the bags too!
- Serial Numbered and Certificate Of Authenticity
- Free Shipping and Insurance
- Due to the nature of this custom made shoe, orders cannot be cancelled. Order wisely.