Shop Under Armour for Men’s UA Threadborne Slingflex Shoes in our Men’s Shoes department. Free shipping is available in US.
I wrote an article about the 4 things Under Armour could do to repair the momentum. In it the first thing I wrote was to implement Threadborne into a performance shoe that could function as fashion.
Now, I’m not saying someone listened because I had a shoe company and I know how long it takes for a shoe to be manufactured so it’s evident that the brand actually has people who are looking at the trends and paying attention.
I’m still waiting on them to take my advice on utilizing more of their athlete roster for marketing, but hey you can’t win them all. The company has been getting their asses kicked and for the first time in a while they are gaining a solid amount of sell through on a shoe that captures the performance fashion trend that is hot right now.
The Threadborne Slingflex meets three of my criteria for improving the brand. Price (99.00) and Technology (Threadborne) with a clean and simple colorway.
The all white Slingflex currently is sold out in almost every size. It hasn’t been marked down and the promotion has been minimal, but they have used Bryce Harper in the marketing that has been done.
The black/white colorway is also performing very well. I may not get a check, but somewhere someone is paying attention. I’m okay with a check in the future for my suggestions. Use the source link to check out the shoe.
My only suggestion is fewer colorways and keep them monochromatic. You paid attention on a few, but the olive colorway would be killing had you not put that damn volt color and used black. Keep it simple UA, keep it simple.
- Threadborne™ upper for a breathable, compression-like fit that delivers lightweight directional strength
- Knit construction features woven in Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber, for the ultimate in durable flexibility
- Internal heel counter built with soft padding to provide lightweight protection & structure
- Padded mesh tongue attached to the footbed by stretchable support wings to increase support & maintain a snug fit throughout the foot
- Removable, molded Micro G® sockliner takes the shape of your foot, offering great cushioning & fit
- Two-piece Charged Cushioning® system pairs a soft, plush layer of foam on top of a layer of dense, harder foam for the ultimate blend of support & comfort
- Solid rubber outsole covers high impact zones for greater durability with less weight
- Offset: 10 mm
- Weight: 9.8 oz.