From Simpaul through Facebook:
If I have an original design(s) for a sneaker shoe, what do you suggest in regards to making that happen. I’ve been looking at China through Alibaba. Any suggestions? 1:38
Look up Dallas Stokes on Facebook/Twitter/Linked In
- You can possibly submit your design to a company. 3:44
- Don’t start writing people about production right away. 5:03
- You need enough money to create samples. 5:43
- You need a thought out plan for distribution and you need deep pockets. 7:17
- You need about 20,000 before you even consider launching a shoe company… and that’s really at the very low end. 9:00
- You can decrease your cost by using existing molds and lasts. 9:38
- Before you start making a shoe you need a name/trademark and that can cost at the minimum 750.00 bucks. 10:09
- I should have said this first. The most important thing you need is a reason for creating your kicks/company. 10:39
- Questions to ask yourself: 11:03
- Have you ever sold shoes before?
- Do you understand your market and the trends?
- Do you have a reason for making what is probably already available?
- Are you financially able to go into production after making a sample?
- More Questions: 11:43
- Have you studied the market?
- Do you know where you can make your shoes?
- Are you prepared to travel to the place you make the shoes to do QA?