Puma has been dropping some very nice collabs and sneakers lately. Their latest attempt at establishing their importance to the footwear market is the Netfit. A fitness trainer that features a layered upper with Netfit Tech that allows you to either use the traditional lacing system or vary your laces to create a fit that helps with particular athletic movements.
My question is Gimmick or Kinda Dope?
My answer? When I was young, even recently with two pair of shoes in particular, the Air Jordan 2012 E and my own ARCH CG097II, a basketball performance shoe and a running shoe respectively, I had a few ways I would lace my trainers.
Note the picture above of Jenna’s lacing system. On the Air Jordan 2012 E when I would play in games the shoe strings were long. They would continuously untie. The shoe had interchangeable insoles and an ankle strap. I would tie the excess shoe strings around the ankle and then tuck them. It didn’t serve a performance purpose, but with the use of EvoKnit and Netfit on this Puma I can actually see myself tying the shoes like Jennas especially during a jumprope session.
When I would run in my own shoes after about 100 miles the nubuck and mesh would stretch and I would utilize a tighter lacing style like Andre. What I hated about this was that the shoestring knot would sit on my instep and it was uncomfortable. With this Netfit Tech it doesn’t appear to be a gimmick as I definitely see a need for this type of lacing optional system.
I have to say that this shoe seems kinda dope. Here are the details below. Use the source link to read more and check out bigger pictures.
- NETFIT Cage with evoKNIT sock like mesh upper that forms to the shape of your foot
- Customizable lace closure; Includes a pop-color pair of laces and tonal color pair of laces
- Molded EcoOrtholite® Sockliner: Breathable and anti-microbial sockliner provides exceptional step-in comfort
- Propulsion Zone: Rubber stretched over forefoot flex grooves provide snappier toe off phase
- EverTrack+: PUMA’s injected blown rubber compound is 43% lighter and has enhanced cushioning and durability for a smoother toe-off
- Heel-to-toe drop: 6mm
- PUMA Formstrip at lateral and medial sides; PUMA Cat Logo at heel
- NETFIT branding at lateral side